A Hispanic Legend



Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Conclusion

After researching this Mexican folklore, I don't really know if it's true.  There's plenty of different versions depending on your geographic location, but the story still remains similar to one another. I guess since I grew up believing this sad tale my thoughts and feelings haven't really changed.  There has always been some doubt and that doubt will always remain.  Not until I see it with my own eyes I won't fully believe in it or think it's possibly true.  Funny thing is that I shared this story with my children when they were younger.  Everytime they misbehaved I would tell them if they wouldn't listen La Llorona would come get them late at night.  So, with that said I guess the story continues from generation to generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment